Thursday, April 11, 2013

Some of us have to grow up sometimes

Standard
Paramore has released their fourth studio album couple of days ago, which is big deal since they haven't done so in years. This one seems is little different from the first three albums but it still sounds like them. Referring to the Hayley's quote from billboard article "As people who are growing up, and I feel like we grew up quite a bit since from the time we put out brand neeyes to this record, this is really the story of the last three years of our lives. I'm just so proud of it." the album is about what they been through as a band last three years and there is a song called "Grow up" in the album it's lyrics contains


"Some of us have to grow up sometimes
And so if I have to I’m gonna leave you behind"(full lyricsso it must be about that.


In the BBC article they tried to corner Hayley but I think she handled it pretty well it was kind of funny too so here's part from that article.

The band's first single Now, unveiled last month, repeats the words: "Don't try to take this from me." The accompanying video shows singer Williams walking through a battlefield only to hug an adversary.But another track Ain't It Fun warns: "Don't go crying to your mamma, 'cause you're on your own in the real world."Confused emotions, anger, forgiveness - it all sound a little bit like a break-up album, doesn't it?"Really?," says an incredulous sounding Williams, the diminutive flame-haired singer with the big voice. "What about Still Into You?"Williams is referring to another song on the album, one of the few tracks which journalists have been allowed to hear prior to the album's release.Couldn't the lyrics be interpreted as wistful rather than romantic?"I must be a terrible writer then," she continues. "I guess that's the beauty of music, everything is subjective, everyone's got opinions and fortunately for all those people their opinions are right cause everyone loves their own opinion."But for me, Still Into You is a very romantic song," she continues. "The whole album felt romantic because it was a big love anthem to our band."

That article contained lot  more and you probably should read it if you are into the band.

The album contained lots of good tracks  Grow UP, I'm Not Angry Anymore, Moving On, Now, Still into You, Proof  are my favorites. Here are the two video songs they've done for the album.

 Still Into You


"Recount the night that I first met your mother
And on the drive back to my house
I told you that, I told you that I loved ya
You felt the weight of the world fall off your shoulder
And to your favorite song we sang along to the start of forever
And after all this time
I’m still into you
I should be over all the butterflies
But I’m into you
And baby even on our worst nights
I’m into you"

Now


"Now" was the first song we worked on where I could see where we were going. It was as if we'd turned a corner and could ultimately see the light at the end of the tunnel. The song gave me a lot of strength as a person and as a writer because I was kind of forcing myself to believe in something before I could actually see it. It was an important message for myself, really, but it's a great song to kick off the record. This message is the first thing we're telling fans about our new album. - Hayley (glamour.com)




0 comments:

Post a Comment